This mixtape was conceived, written, recorded and produced by Clark Street Community School students.
These tracks are the culmination of a semester's worth of work done by students enrolled in Clark Street Community School's Hip-Hop Class. Recorded at the Media Lab inside Madison's Central Library, this Social Justice Mixtape brings student voices and concerns out of the classroom and onto the streets. Special thanks to Mike Dando, Rob Dz and Audrey Martinovich for their mentorship in the writing, recording and fine-tuning of teen voices.
Ever wonder what's important to youth today? Take the time to listen to this album.
- 02 It Is What It Is (Corey Tyler AKA Soup and Worthy).mp3
- 03 Alfonz (Xen).mp3
- 04 Interlude.mp3
- 05 Dont Really Need It (Matt Roesler AKA Missing Link).mp3
- 06 Mixed (Ronnie Roll).mp3
- 07 Zany (Zane Monroe).mp3
- 08 Changes (Gavin And Tyler AKA G-Bunni Travesty).mp3
- 09 Oceans and Horizons (Tavien and Missing Link).mp3
- 10 Interlude.mp3
- 11 Streets of Rage (Japhy Miller-Wright).mp3
- 12 Life (Alex Fritz).mp3
- 13 No One Wanna Hear (Torrin Regan).mp3
- 14 Dont Trip (Matt Roesler AKA Missing Link).mp3
- 15 Black Lives Matter (Corey Tyler AKA Soup and Worthy).mp3
- 16 Outro.mp3
Rob Dz working with students in Central Library's Media Lab.
Audrey Martinovich giving lessons on the sound board and Pro Tools.
Layers and layers.
Recording in the booth at Central Library.
Live performance and CD release party.